Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Muskegon Michigan State Park Trail Photographs Spring Time


In the distance I can see the smoke stack of our power plant.
Almost everywhere I go in Muskegon, for as long as I have been alive,
I can see this very prominent image of our industrial heritage.
Here it is contrasted with the beautiful woodland and sand dunes
that also makes Muskegon what it is.

I was at the top of a large sand dune when I snapped this photo of Lost Lake.

Here is a distant photo of the Muskegon Block House. From it I can see everywhere. It was built as a fort or a look out, for soldiers to survey the land.


Lost Lake is in the background of these shadowed trees.

Lost Lake.

Lost Lake.
This is Lost Lake, with the dune I was standing on for a previous photo, in the background.

Little seedlings in the woodland floor.

The brightest emerald green moss, at least brighter than the stuff in my woods.


Cedar Swamp.

Sunlight shining through the young Cedars.



The roots of a fallen Cedar pull the soft swampy ground up along with it.

Back to the truck. This is Snug Harbor and the swans love to hang out here.
Hope you enjoyed my photos. Leave comments if you like them, and maybe I'll get out and take more local pictures. I love to do it anyway! I wish I had more info on the historical aspects of these areas, but I just like to look at the photos too.
-Alicia

No comments: