Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Muskegon State Park Dune Ridge Trail - April photos

Ahhhh... a quiet walk in the wilderness. So many beautiful sights in our Muskegon State Parks! We went with our friends, and took our two dogs. This walk was about 1 and 1/2 hours.
Here we are at the dune ridge, taking a break. It was a long uphill climb even for the dogs!




In the background here, we can see the paper mill. Muskegon Lake, for all of its beauty, is also surrounded by industry. For me, the two sides, nature and industry, are inseparable.

We can see a dried up lake bed nestled between the dunes.

Trees and bushes in the dunes have a twisted, almost unnatural, way of growing sometimes.

Another view of the paper mill across Muskegon Lake. Can you see the two swans?


Our very happy dogs, Cedar and Morgan, taking a cool bath after a long walk. Next time I'm bringing my swimsuit!

Let me know if you like my pictures, by leaving a comment!

No comments: