Monday, March 10, 2008

Strange Dream

I have strange dreams every night. I have read that it can be very insightful to record them over time. My dreams are so long and vivid that I could never keep up with the recording. I used to exchange dreams with my best friend, Tressa, on the bus when we were in Junior High. It was always interesting. Here is one...

I was with an unfamiliar friend, we looked into an art consignment shop on a busy street unknown to me. We thought it would be cool to take a class there.

Back in my (unfamiliar) dream home, for some reason my husband and I decided that this stranger/friend had to die. It was a tough decision - she had a small child. I couldn't do it, someone else had to. It was accomplished. We regretted it.

This stranger/friend came back from the dead within an hour or two. I was relieved, but then I realized we had to hide the death of her child. She was frantically looking for him. We made a half-hearted effort because we knew the truth. Miraculously, my husband found the child in a box and brought him back to life. The friend was so happy - then they left. I remained fairly unemotional in this dream, I think I knew it was a dream. Plus, the proper emotions would have been too strong - I would have woke up.

But then I had a problem. I wanted to find this consignment art shop again. I walked the streets looking, but in the wrong direction. It took another person, a teenage boy, to steer me in the right direction. Together we found the shop, but I was too late. The owner could not accommodate me. Too bad, he had beautiful works there.

I thing that was the end. I wasn't too discouraged. I think I knew I had other resources.

No comments: